Thursday, January 9, 2014

Blues Creation - Demon and Eleven Children (1971)



Somehow I am 43 years late on this blues/psych rock goddess.  Blues Creation (Japan) created this demonic, riff infused shotgun in August of 1971 that in my opinion could still blow 80 percent of musicians, nowadays, out of their radio dazed trance.  Demon and Eleven Children should be the poster child for early heavy metal.  This came out only a year after Sabbath released their s/t and before Pentagram released anything, blows my mind.  In 1975 under the name "Creation" they toured the U.S. sharing the road with Mountain which is a musicians wet dream.  When listening, dreams of my Ford Club Wagon (82) come back reminding me of when my friends and I would go skating at dawn with beers, girls, joints and grills.  All around a satisfiying listen for any summer day.  Warning, you will suddenly have long hair after one listen. Also, if anyone has their LP with Carmen Maki, send it this way!
Support. Support. Support.

Here

5 comments:

  1. Ha,ha better late than never. I was turned on to this record about a year ago. It 'tis good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stumbled on this after D/L your post - http://murodoclassicrock4.blogspot.com.br/2012/01/blues-creation-varios-albuns.html . Pretty much everything Blues Creation did. It's in Portuguese but you'll figure it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks alot Nix. that site has a ton of stuff too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This album is new to me. I'm really enjoying "Brane Baster" at the moment.

    ReplyDelete