Monday, February 10, 2014

Ecstasy of Gold - 25 Killer Bullets From the Spaghetti West Vol.3 (1960/70's) (2013



The third ride through the desert with with our Italian friends making such great music.  "The Ecstasy of Gold" is jam-packed with all your western favorites, well, you may have never heard of them, but now they are.  These songs signal out from Italian artists/composers around the 1960's and 1970's that cater to western movie soundtracks and in my age and time seem to cater to the style of Tarantino movies.  Excellent arrangement here with the amount of musicianship put into this compilation. You can respect and almost visualize the whole "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" film, amongst others, right before your eyes.  This style of thoughtful western/desert music pleases me gratefully and I suggest a bandanna and a cigarette, f-off cigars.  Listen To Spindrift.
Support. Support. Support.


8 comments:

  1. Link has expired. Would love to hear this comp if you have the chance to re-up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steven I will do. Give me a couple days. Should be back up by mon or tues.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much my friend! I'm listening to it now while I research the individual tracks. I appreciate your taking the time for me. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This collection is top notch. Really liking "Siesta Siesta" from the 1970 soundtrack of "Shango La Pistola Infallibile." I added "Monitor Jazz" by Carlo Rustichelli to a Crime Jazz playlist I've been compiling. Thanks again for re-upping!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please, please re-up! I just bought vol. 3 and need it on my phone!!

    ReplyDelete